To find the tracking code or your property ID in your Google Analytics account:
- Sign in to your Analytics account, and go to the admin page.
- Select an account from the dropdown in the Account column.
- Select a property from the dropdown in the Property column.
- Click Tracking Info.
The automatically generated tracking code snippet for web properties appears in the box. Note that any change you make to your tracking code in your development environment - like if you’ve added Events or Ecommerce tracking, for example - are not reflected in this snippet.
The property ID is a string like UA-000000-01. The first set of numbers (000000, in the example) refers to your account number, and the second set (01, in the example) refers to the specific property number associated with the account. The property ID is in large font on the Tracking Info page. You can also to see the entire string in the first few lines of the tracking code.
STEP 2You can track traffic to your Blogspot domain on Blogger with Google Analytics. Follow these steps to add the tracking code.
- Log in to your Blogger account.
- Navigate to your blog's Settings > Other tab.
- If you already have a Google Analytics account, simply enter your blog's Google Analytics Web Property ID.
- Click Save to finish.
Once you complete the steps above, you should see data in your Analytics account within 24 hours. However, you can also check your account within a few hours to see if data has begun to appear. To do this, go to your report and change the date range to the current day (by default, the ending date range is set to the previous day). If you see pageviews appear in your reports, your property is collecting data. If you don't see any data after 24 hours, see Troubleshooting Common Mistakes.
The PushYourRank Team